Multiple white blood cells in urine indicate UTI
There are few situations that can be as uncomfortable as a urinary tract infection, or more commonly referred to as a UTI. In the most fundamental sense, a UTI is an infection that afflicts the bladder, urethra, kidneys or ureters, causing pain, discomfort and a need to urinate, plus a burning sensation when urinating. Because any part of this essential elimination system can become infected, it’s important to utilize treatments capable of delving throughout each of these bodily parts. Since over 7 million people visit a physician for UTIs every year, it’s among the most common infections throughout the country.
If you’re searching for relief from a UTI, then you should immediately begin treatment. Although UTI home remedies can be an effective way to banish this painful infection, because of the risk associated with such an infection, it’s important to visit your physician should your symptoms worsen after self-treatment.
Table Of Contents
- 1 9 UTI Home Remedies To Ease Pain And Discomfort
9 UTI Home Remedies To Ease Pain And Discomfort
The following UTI home remedies were chosen due to its effectiveness at relieving the severity of symptoms (pain, discomfort and burning urination) and banishing the infection at the deepest parts. While these UTI home remedies are considered safe and effective, should your UTI symptoms worsen within one week of starting treatment, immediately visit your physician as you could be dealing with a potentially serious infection.
UTI Remedy #1 | Water
While this may seem too simple, drinking ample water is the most effective way to flush this vital bodily system to help calm symptoms and promote swift healing. As a general rule of thumb, drink half your bodyweight in ounces of water. For example, if you weigh 160 pounds, drink at least 80 ounces of purified water per day. While the act of urinating may be painful, avoiding ample hydration is the biggest mistake you can make when it comes to restoring your urinary tract health.
Baking soda helps ease the burning sensation when urinating
UTI Remedy #2 | Baking Soda
One of the most uncomfortable symptoms of a UTI is the near-constant urge to urinate due to a burning sensation. An effective UTI home remedy involves drinking baking soda water to actually neutralize the acidity within urine. Although baking soda does not actively eliminate the bacterial infection responsible for a UTI, it can reduce pain and burning sensations.
- To utilize this UTI home remedy, simply pour 1 teaspoon of baking soda into 8 ounces of filtered water. Stir until the baking soda completely dissolves and drink first thing in the morning for at least one week.
UTI Remedy #3 | Ginger Tea
One of the major causes of UTI pain is due to inflammation caused by an active infection. One of the most potent UTI home remedies is ginger tea as it features unique anti-inflammatory properties. Its unique active compounds hinder a biological process known as prostaglandin synthesis. By blocking this process, the chemical messengers responsible for triggering inflammation and pain signals, inflammation is reduced and pain is numbed. In fact, this natural process is the same many synthetic medications try to accomplish.
- To utilize this remedy, simply brew 1 cup of fresh ginger tea and consume up to three times per day until your UTI has subsided.
UTI Remedy #4 | Blueberries
The active compounds found in blueberries thwart UTI infections by disturbing the health of the bacteria that causes urinary tract infections. By affecting bacterial fimbria, its life-cycle is shortened, which results in faster healing.
- To utilize this home remedy, simply consume 1 to 2 cups of blueberries per day.
Apple cider vinegar can aid swift healing of UTI
UTI Remedy #5 | Apple Cider Vinegar
The constituents found within apple cider vinegar make it one of the most effective UTI home remedies. Filled with a variety of enzymes, minerals and potassium, apple cider vinegar interacts with the bacteria responsible for the onset of a UTI. By inhibiting this bacteria from growing (or multiplying), you can experience swift healing and relief from painful symptoms.
- This UTI home remedy is quite simple to utilize. Simply add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of water. Add 1 tablespoon of raw honey, for taste, and drink two times per day for one week.
UTI Remedy #6 | Indian Gooseberry
One of the most effective ways to naturally banish a UTI is to increase your consumption of vitamin C. Indian Gooseberry, also known as Amla, inhibits the growth of UTI-causing bacteria due to its high vitamin C concentration.
- To utilize this home remedy, add 1 teaspoon of Indian Gooseberry Powder to 1 cup of water. Place over high heat and bring the solution to a boil. Allow this mixture to boil until the water evaporates. Scrape the residue out of the pot and consume up to three times per day for a maximum of five days. By evaporating the liquid, you create a residue rich in vitamin C for potent healing capabilities.
UTI Remedy #7 | Tea Tree Oil Bath
The powerful antibacterial properties found within tea tree oil make it one of the most effective UTI home remedies. Unlike many other of the remedies listed, this method works through a topical treatment.
- To utilize this remedy, run a warm bath and place 10 drops of pure tea tree oil into the water. Lower yourself in the water and wash your urethra opening with this water. Soak in the tub for 20 minutes. Repeat once a day until the infection has stopped.
Pineapple contains the enzyme ‘bromelain’ that has powerful anti-inflammatory properties
UTI Remedy #8 | Pineapple
Considered one of the most beneficial UTI home remedies, the active compounds in pineapple are known to help reduce pain and symptoms of a urinary tract infection. The bulk of this fruit’s medicinal benefits is derived from an enzyme known as Bromelain. This enzyme features powerful anti-inflammatory properties, which actively works to reduce UTI symptoms. When combined with antibacterial herbs or medicines, pineapple helps to bring near-instant relief.
- To utilize this remedy, consume 1 cup of freshly cut pineapple per day. Do not consume canned pineapple as it typically consists of excess sugar and preservatives.
UTI Remedy #9 | Uva Ursi
Uva Ursi consists of a variety of active compounds known to hold powerful antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Research has found this herb to be among the most effective natural UTI home remedies.
- To utilize this remedy, consume a fresh Uva Ursi supplement. Make sure the supplement contains 100% Uva Ursi for maximum effectiveness. Continue to supplement with this herb until the UTI has been cleared.
As stated above – these UTI home remedies can be very effective when used early, and for minor UTIs. However if your symptoms continue or get worse, please visit your doctor right away for treatment and diagnosis.