I just stumbled on the SpareOne Plus Emergency Cellphone Phone on Amazon and I thought this looks very interesting – an emergency/survival cellphone that runs on a single AA battery, which is included and has an amazing 15 years shelf life… Problem is that is just about all the information included on the Amazon listing, but I did a bit of digging and found the SpareOne website which has a whole load more information. Below are some of the features from the SpareOne website.
- Keeps its charge for up to 15 years* SpareOne can hold its charge, if unused, for up to 15 years*. Battery included.
- Up to 10 hours* of talk time means you have plenty of connectivity hours to last you your whole trip on one battery.
- Waterproof bag is floatable and submersible, with talk-through containment and extreme temperature operation, provides you a communication lifeline when all else is potentially destroyed.
- LED Torchlight (Flashlight) on top providing up to 24 hours of continuous light makes this phone several tools in one.
- Audible feedback provides audio feedback by audibly repeating the number dialed. This feature also audibly repeats operational messaging such as missed calls and keypad lock notifications.
- SOS torchlight the bright LED light located on top of the phone will flash in Morse code to show you’re asking for help or in distress. Simply hold down the SOS torchlight button for 10 seconds.
- Panic siren When in distress, utilize the loud audible siren by holding the volume button for 10 seconds, and the panic siren will aid in attracting attention.
- Location & alert services-capable* unlock the true potential of SpareOne Plus by activating the lifesaving Locate and Alert services!
- Credits Locate & follow SpareOne Plus, receive emergency alerts, and customize the SOS button, guardians, and speed dial numbers.
- Extreme weather operating range (-22F to 140F) impressive for a basic mobile phone, and even far greater than that of a smartphone.
- One-touch, large emergengy services button is ideal for daily emergency and medical situations, no SIM required.
- Easily pre-program 9 important numbers and document on menu sticker provided.
The SpareOne Plus Emergency Cellphone currently costs $68.61 on Amazon (which is $11 cheaper than on the SpareOne website) and I think it is fair to say this would be an excellent investment for emergency preparedness, bug-out-bags etc and anyone who goes out into the great outdoors camping, hiking, hunting, fishing etc. This is a truly a ‘purchase it, pack it, and forget it’ until you need it survival gadget.